Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Herb-Roasted Chicken

So I've failed in my goal to only post recipes that included pictures.  I forgot to take photos with 2 of the recipes that I made.  I probably should wait, to post the recipes, until I have made them again & taken photos but I didn't want to forget about these recipes.  So, I'll post them & you can use your imagination until I am able to take photos of them.




Herb-Roasted Chicken
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 285   Protein: 31g   Carbs: 3g   Total Fat: 16g   Fiber 1.5g

  • 1 whole chicken, about 3 lbs (I adjusted this recipe & only used chicken breasts but I'm including the original recipe since I don't know the nutritional information for the things I adjusted).
  • 2T dried rosemary, thyme, sage, marjoram, or any combination of herbs (if using fresh herbs, reduce amounts to 1T)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • Butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350.  Clean chicken and place breast side up on rack in a roasting pan (you want to do this even if you're just using breasts so that you aren't cooking it in the fat drippings).

Rub the inside of the chicken (or the tops of the breasts) with the crushed garlic.  Use 10 spritzes of the cooking spray to coat the outside of the chicken and sprinkle evenly with the herbs, salt & pepper.

Cover with foil & bake for 55 minutes.  Bake uncovered for 15 additional minutes or until juices run clear.

Serve chicken without the skin to reduce calories.  Serve with Roasted Root Vegetables.




Recipe adapted from the TurboFire nutritional guide

No comments:

Post a Comment