I love this recipe. The roasted red peppers make it taste like I spent the whole day cooking but in reality, I only spent about half an hour.
Creamy Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1lb bowtie pasta
- 1 1/2lbs cooked chicken, sliced or cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 4T butter
- 1c half and half, room temperature
- 1c chicken broth
- 1t seasoned salt
- 12oz jar roasted red peppers, sliced (these are usually found on the condiment isle)
- 1c mozzarella, shredded
- Fresh parsley or basil, chopped
Cook the pasta according to the package. While it cooks, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic til soft. Whisk in the half & half and chicken broth. Stir in the seasoned salt and mozzarella. Lower the heat to keep the sauce from boiling.
Add the chicken and red pepper slices to the sauce. Stir frequently and keep an eye on the heat so it doesn't boil. Drain the cooked pasta and stir it together with the sauce. Add chopped parsley or basil when serving.
Recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff