Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween & a Green Monster Smoothie

Happy Halloween!!!


Halloween is finally here.  The kids have their costumes, the house is decorated, the treats are bought, now the fun can finally begin.

This year, Zombie's seem to be really popular.  You see them mentioned on billboards, commercials & the oh-so-popular TV shows.  So I thought I'd share with you the music video that my extremely talented brother-in-law, Wes Nelson, created.




Wasn't that a great video?  My kids are obsessed with it.  So are you wondering where this weeks recipe is, yet?  Okay, you asked for it.  Seeing how it's Halloween, I decided to do something that sounded a little scary (although not one bit scary to eat).  Let's make a Green Monster Smoothie.


Green Monster Smoothie



This is a very simple recipe & you can alter the amounts however you like.  This is just the way that I make it.  

  • 1c milk
  • 1T peanut butter
  • 1/2c Greek Gods honey vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1 banana
  • 3c+ kale greens
  • 1c ice cubes


Throw all the ingredients into a blender & pulse.  It seems to work best if you put the ingredients in, in the order I've listed above.  Also, you'll want to pulse the blender instead of just turning it on; otherwise you'll get Green Monster soup.  And don't worry about the taste of the kale.  The other flavors mask it very well.  You could also try using spinach instead; it has a milder taste.  Spinach is just a migraine trigger for me, so I used the kale instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment