Thursday, April 7, 2011

Apple Cider Syrup

I've loved this syrup ever since I first made it in 7th grade Home Ec.  Over the years I lost the recipe but have just recently stumbled across it again!  It's really quick & easy to make.  Although I wouldn't call it healthy, it is a much better substitute for the store bought syrups & it tastes better, too.  My photo is a little darker than the syrup usually looks because I accidentally let it caramelize while I was talking to my husband, oops.  It still tasted just as good, though.  


  • 1/2c White Sugar
  • 1T Cornstarch
  • 1T ground Cinnamon
  • 1C Apple Cider (Apple juice works, too)
  • 1T Lemon Juice
  • 2T Butter


Stir together the sugar, cornstarch & cinnamon in a saucepan.  Stir in apple cider & lemon juice.  Cook over medium heat until it boils; boil until thickened.  Remove from heat & stir in butter, until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment