Sunday, November 6, 2011

Restaurant Style Salsa

I LOVE the salsa that they serve at restaurants.  You know the kind, NOT CHUNKY.  I wish that I could find it at the grocery store but all I've been able to find was chunky.  So now I've found a recipe that is so easy to make & it's extremely good & the best part is ...  It's not chunky!


Restaurant Style Salsa

  • 1 can whole tomatoes (I think it's a 28oz can.  Its the next size up from the 14oz can).
  • 2 14oz cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (1 original & 1 mild flavored)
  • 1/4c onion, diced
  • 1 garlic clove, smashed & chopped
  • 1 jalapeno, chopped.  Use the whole thing, seeds pulp & all
  • 1/4t sugar
  • 1/4t salt
  • 1/4t cumin
  • juice of 1 small lime or 1/2 of a large lime
  • 1/2c to 1c cilantro.  This'll add a lot of flavor so I like to use a lot

Put all ingredients into a food processor & pulse until you get your desired consistency.  Don't just let the processor run or you'll turn your salsa into soup.

Allow it to refrigerate for at least a couple hours so that the flavors can marry.

Dish it up & enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment